for in the hour that you least expect it,
the Son of Man will come.
Hear the story of ten bridesmaids, who carried their lamps out to meet the bridegroom to illuminate the path
of his arrival. This group was comprised of five wise, and five foolish women. Those that were foolish remembered their lamps, but not extra fuel; while the wise carried both their lamps and added fuel. The bridegroom's coming was delayed, and they began to grow tired and fall asleep.
Finally, at midnight, there arose a cry:
"Behold, the bridegroom approaches!
The time has come to go out to meet him."
Hurriedly, the bridesmaids began preparing their lamps. Then the foolish said to the wise: "Give us some of your fuel; for our lamps have burned out in the night."
"We cannot," the wise replied, "for there is not enough fuel for both your lamps and ours. Go quickly, wake those that sell fuel, and buy extra for yourselves."
But while they were off searching for fuel, the bridegroom came; and those who were ready went with him to the marriage celebration, and behind them the door was shut.
Some time later, the foolish bridesmaids returned and began to call out plaintively:
"Lord, Lord, let us in."
But he answered and said:
"Truly I say to you, I do not know who you are." --Jesus
In case you missed Him the first time...you aren't alone!
"And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, [the evidence for this is:] you do not believe the one whom he has sent." John 5:37-38
Which is a worse condition:
- TO not recognize the Son of God
- OR to not be recognized by the Son of God?
- TO not be capable of knowing what in the quality of His voice or the grace in his movement reveals the Goodness of God
- OR to be denied entrance into that grace-filled company because you were incapable of revealing His Life in you?
- TO never have entered into the companionship of love, trust and obedience with the Lord of Light and Life
- OR to be exposed as a pretender?
- TO never have started the journey, built the tower, confront the enemy
- OR to be mocked for not finishing?
- TO never have had the light in you
- OR the light in you flickers, falters and fails over time?