I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though they die on this earth, will live again. They will be given eternal life and not perish! I have told you, already many times: If you believe you will see the glory of God.
How many times and ways does Jesus need to tell us something before we believe Him?
Do we not, as humans, have a fascination with the possibility of the afterlife? Millions of people spend millions of dollars to read the reports of other humans who testify to going "where no man has gone before..."
Proof of Heaven
Heaven Is For Real
90 Minutes In Heaven
To Heaven And Back
Is the testimony of a neurosurgeon, medical doctor, child or pastor more or less convincing than the Lord of Life himself? These kinds of "testimonies"always remind me of listening to programs like "Unshackled" or sitting in missionary conferences at church and longing for a great testimony that I was sure would make me a powerful witness for Jesus.
But is the real measure of our walk with the Lord Jesus how many books we sell, making the NY Times best seller list, a feature segment on a radio program or speaking engagements?
The ostracized Samaritan woman Jesus engaged at the well of Jacob testified to her townsfolk about the man who "...told me all that I ever did" and resurrected a new heart in a life beaten down by bad choices and insufferable cruelty.
The response to her report? "Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony..."
The true measure of our testimony to things eternal is that it brings people face to face with The Truth.
- the truth of our individual existence
- the truth of the consequences of the choices of the will
- the truth of our ever growing obedience--or disobedience-- to the revelation we've received
- the truth of how the camera of our own life has revealed more or less of Truth to a dying and corrupt world
- the truth of whether or not we overcame the very struggles of faith Jesus the Man overcame in his sojourn on earth
- the truth of our need for a Savior!
Is it not faith that moves me to offer a child a cup of water in the Name or tenderly telling the hope of forgiveness and newness of Life greater value than weeks on the best seller list?